Kovaluk Sports Conditioning is dedicated to pursuing excellence. We are committed to getting athletes to their best by:
- Developing and monitoring individualized Dynamic Correspondence Training Programs based on scientifically proven principles tailored to enhance each athlete’s needs.
- Development of explosive strength and power, speed and agility, functional movement, and all else related to making you better in your sport, while minimizing risk of injury
- Reducing the risk of injury by strengthening weaknesses and working closely with health care practitioners.
- Enhancing each individual’s self-confidence, sense of well-being, and overall physical health.
- Instilling a strong work ethic, discipline and will of heart, which will carry over the field of competition and life.
About Tammy Kovaluk
Tammy grew up with a brother who desperately wanted a little brother, so treated her like one instead. “Of this, I am very grateful and thanks to him, grew up around football and boxing: two sports I am most passionate about to this day.” She loved to watch him play football and deeply desired to play as well. However, being female, was not allowed to. So she hit the gym and boxed instead. Her first gym was a small, hard-core gym where she was one of only two females in the place. While training for competitive amateur boxing, she started running for conditioning and, after only 2 years of running at 28 years old, made the U of A cross country run team. The next challenge was triathlon, where Tammy became a competitive amateur and competed in the Ironman World Championship (Kona) in 2009. She is currently training for the Spartan Beast Race.
Tammy specializes in sport performance conditioning. She is very passionate and dedicated in getting athletes to their best, stepping “out of ordinary and into extraordinary.” She has worked with athletes in football, baseball, hockey, soccer, lacrosse, boxing, track and field, swimming, and triathlon/endurance events as well as other sports.
Education and Experience:
- M.Sc. Human Movement – Sports Conditioning Specialty (ATSU, present), top student and 4.0GPA
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- IYCA (Youth Speed and Agility Specialist)
- Advanced Corrective Exercise (FMS Level 2)
- B.Sc (University of Alberta/University of Victoria)
- Fitness and Exercise Management (University of the Fraser Valley)
- Sports Aider Certificate (Sports Medicine Council)
- Stack Media Expert http://www.stack.com/
- Belmont Bulldogs High School Football Strength and Conditioning Coach, WR Coach
- National Football Academies Strength and Speed Coach http://nfacanada.com